The list, compiled by the Australian Centre for Corporate Social Responsibility (ACCSR), was part of the organisation’s State of CSR in Australia and New Zealand Annual Review 2017.
The top CSR organisations in 2017 received an overall CSR management capability score of 78 per cent or more, based on the ratings of their employees.
Transurban Head of Sustainability Matthew Brennan, said Transurban's efforts in environmental sustainability and corporate social responsibility ensured we remained a partner of choice for governments and delivered on our vision to strengthen communities through transport.
The last financial year saw a number of significant Sustainability achievements across the organisation; including:
- more than $1 million provided for community grants
- 2850 employee volunteer hours for charitable cause
- the opening of the Power Street Loop Motorscapes project
- development of the M2 Macquarie Park Motorscapes project and site rehabilitation
- progress towards transforming Hornsby Quarry site in New South Wales into a major public park.
For more information about Transurban's sustainability initiatives watch our FY16 Sustainability Snapshot video.